It can get irritating when a 4G/LTE network that can give seamless video streaming and video calls anywhere, can’t even promise an uninterrupted call if you enter the metro or even a basement!
Well, that is about to change. We might soon have voice over LTE (VoLTE) services in India which will revolutionise the way phone calls work! Instead of using older networks, the voice is delivered as the data through the LTE network.
What can VoLTE do for you?
1. HD Voice: VoLTE customers can experience dramatic improvement in voice quality. This is because it chops up the phone call into small data packages and sends it via the world wide web! This results in a better and clearer voice call and far less break-ups (pun intended).
2. Simultaneous voice and data use: Though VoLTE essentially works through the internet, it would still allow you to be on a call and still use the internet on your phone much better than before. Imagine watching a YouTube video while taking business calls!
3. No extra charges: If the current VoLTE services available around the world are any indication, then you won’t have to pay any extra charges for it. So, you don’t have to cut down on your shopping to be able to enjoy good connectivity.
4. Faster call setup times: You know how you sometimes dial a number and then wait longer for the ringing to start than the conversation itself? Calls connect at a faster rate on VoLTE as compared to the connecting speeds of older technology networks.
5. Phones in Indian market: Not every phone supports VoLTE by default just how not every phone supports 4G/LTE. But you can find VoLTE support in smartphones like the XOLO Era 2X, available for Rs 6,666 for 2GB and Rs 7, 499 for 3GB RAM. Now that’s what you call more value for less money.
So, make sure your smartphone supports VoLTE and get ready for a whole new calling and browsing experience!
Sign up to receive updates and see what's new with XOLO