Holi is a crazy time. People don’t hold back with colour and water balloons and various other substances that leave you with coloured finger nails, hair and skin- because #BuraNaMaanoHoliHai. But how do you expect your phone to survive the craziness?!
Here are some tips to keep your phone safe while you enjoy the best holi ever.
1. Zip lock it: Put your phone inside, zip it, and put it in your pocket. Now you can go take a dip in any ol’ pool and your phone should be fine. You can even pick calls, albeit at the cost of looking a little ridiculous.
2. Cling film: This easily available kitchen tool has many utilities and it can be of great help to protect your phone on holi. Just wrap a few layers around your phone, secure it in place with some cello tape and you are good to go outside. Put a few more layers and it will give your phone enough protection to handle the over enthusiastic crowd too.
3. Cover the openings: If you didn’t have time to prepare in advance, you can still do a makeshift waterproofing of your phone with some scotch tape. In most cases water enters your phone through the openings at bottom – earphone, usb, speaker grills. Putting some tape on that can protect it from water splashes.
But what if you still manage to get some water in your phone? We’ll take care of that too.
1. Don’t blow dry: Taking a blow dryer to your doused phone might seem like a logical thing but don’t do it. Along with drying the water, the hot air could also burn the sensitive components inside the phone.
2. The old rice bowl trick: Remove the battery, pat dry the phone with tissue and put it in a bowl of dry rice overnight. Don’t forget to change the phone’s position every now and then. The rice absorbs all the moisture and your phone should be good to go.
So, pick whichever option works best for you but don’t forget to protect your phone this holi.